Mississippi Business Accounts | Ridgeland, MS
October 10, 2019
200 Township Place
Ridgeland, MS 39157
9 AM - 4 PM | Registration begins at 8:45 AM
There are many types of business accounts with many different ways to do business at banking today. It can be challenging to determine who is authorized to open, close and transact business when dealing with so many business entities. In addition to opening accounts in person for businesses, we now bank businesses online, with debit cards and through remote deposit. Because of these multiple entities and various approaches to opening accounts numerous questions arise. How do we set up these accounts and then change them as the businesses change? What happens when a partner dies? What happens when the sole proprietor dies? Can you keep the same EIN if a sole proprietorship incorporates? What if the LLC members are other businesses? How do they sign? We will look at tax issues when a business is disregarded and reported in a different tax number. And the list of questions goes on. Understanding designations, rules and authority on all different types of business accounts can assure that you are taking the proper precautions and can assist you in avoiding errors that can be costly to your organization.
- NEW MS LOTTERY ACCOUNTS WILL BE COVERED!
- Common errors on beneficial ownership form
- Changing signers on business accounts
- What happens when an owner dies on a business account?
- Can a business account have a pay on death designation?
- Can a partner remove another partner?
- How do we give debit cards on business accounts? Where is the liability?
- How do we run Customer Identification Programs on business accounts?
- Can we have a power of attorney on a business account?
- With the new complicated limited liability company, how can we tell who is authorized to remove a signer when they are all managing members?
- Multi-tiered business accounts with businesses owning businesses what the the CIP requirements?
- What is disregarding an entity for tax purposes and how does that affect our account styling?
- Resolutions, signature cards and endorsements
- And much, much more!
Who Should Attend
This informative session is directed to Customer Service Representatives, Branch Managers, Lenders, Personal Bankers, Training and Branch Administration, Tellers who work in the commercial area of the bank.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., specializing in the education of banks across the nation. Her 30 plus years of banking and teaching experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor's and master’s degrees. Deborah's specialty is in the deposit side of the financial institution where she teaches seminars on regulations, documentation, insurance and Individual Retirement Accounts.
The cost to attend this all day seminar is $299 per person per day. Registration fees include instruction, refreshments and lunch. You can also register online by going to our website at www.gettechnicalinc.com.
Cancellation and More Information
Full registration fees will be refunded if a cancellation is received on or before ten business days prior to the meeting. If date of cancellation is less than ten days prior to the meeting, a $50 processing fee will be retained. No refunds will be given for cancellations made the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome. Dress for the seminar is business casual. To ensure your comfort, please bring a jacket or sweater. If you need additional information, please call (888) 773-4839.
A block of rooms have been reserved for October 8, 2019 - October 10, 2019. The special room rate of $159 per night will be available until September 5th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. To book your room at the special rate,call 601-607-7112, ask for reservations and reference the group name Gettechnical, Inc.
|Event End Date||10-10-2019|
|Cut off date||10-10-2019|
|Location||Embassy Suites, Ridgeland, MS|